Monday 28 April 2014

Our Loom Band Addiction :)

29th April 2014


We have discovered the wonderful world that is loom bands and all the amazing things that is can create.
And I say 'WE', because I am just as addicted to it as Miss Personality.

When we bought our first loom, we just bought one.
When it became apparent that I was just as keen as her to create things with it. The next day I went down the road to buy me one :)
Then I realised it was Miss Blondini's birthday and what a great gift it would be for a 14 year old, so off I went to buy another one.

So we have become a family of loom band fanatics.
But I guess there are worse things in this world that we could become obsessed with,lol.

You tube has become our second addiction, as that is where we have learnt how to use our loom's and all these amazing coloured rubber bands.
All I can say, is there are some pretty creative adults and children alike, that have taken the time to not only create these master pieces to begin with, but also made video recordings to share, so others can have a go too.

Miss Personality made these, fishtail bracelet, single loop bracelet, and a flower ring.

 Mum's attempt at a starburst bracelet, and a single loop bracelet.
 I like this one, and have made a couple of them. It is the rainbow ladder bracelet.
I decided to change the colours and do it with a white border. It looks quiet nice, if I do say so myself :)

Being the big Minecraft fan that my daughter is, she could resist but do this minecraft creeper bracelet.

I love dragons and when I saw this tutorial I couldn't help but have a go. This is originally done in reds and orange as it is meant to be a Chinese dragon. But my favourite colour is purple, so  I changed it a little, but think it still came out awesome :)

I also made this cute baby tiger.
I think I enjoy making little animals and things better than the bracelets.
But it certainly takes a bit of concentration when following the tutorials.
Thank goodness for the pause, and rewind function of videos.

What cool, interesting things have you created ?

No comments:

Post a Comment