Sunday 16 March 2014

My 'Oh Crap' Moment.

Monday 17th March 2014




I had one of those moments on the weekend.
When I looked around me and saw my children, like really saw them and went 'Holy Crap! When Did You Grow UP!'

Sometimes life just gets away from you and you are just going through the motions. 
Day after day goes by, year after year. These days and years seem to fly past even faster when you have children.

But this particular day, I got a surprise.

Little Miss Personality will be 10 in January. It has been 10 years since I have had a baby. She is tall, beautiful and has hair nearly down to her bum. She is adamant she wants to have hair like Rapunzel :) She was wearing these skinny jeans, and I looked at her and said where has my baby gone.

I got to spend time with my step daughter - Miss Blondini on the weekend too. She always likes to stand next to me with a big grin on her face, showing off that she is now taller than me at only 13. She is developing into a young lady now, who has a busy social life with her friends and her competitive gymnastics she does 4 days a week. Her dad and I have talked about who is going to be the lucky contestant to teach her how to drive,lol.

Mr Affectionate is working, races stockcars just like his dad and big brother have done, and on the weekend bought his first car. I remember so fondly this little boy that anxiously clung to his mum when ever something new and scary was about to happen, and now he is out there doing it all.

Mr Confident text me on the weekend. He said "I might ask my girlfriend a very important question :) If you know what I mean". Oh yes I knew what he meant. 


So on saturday he popped the question. He said I didn't know how you are suppose to do it, but I did it my way". I said "There is no proper way to do it, as long as it comes from the heart that is all that matters". 
It was so cute talking to him on the phone and letting him tell me of all their plans for the future.

Now I know they can't stay babies for ever and as parents we look forward to the day that they grow into independent young people. But it feels funny when you can still remember the day they arrived into this world, oh so clearly.

So I just smile to myself with pride at how wonderful they are.
I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things they do with their lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment