Thursday 5 June 2014

The Butterfly Tree

6th June 2014




         

There is this tree not far from out bus, that keeps me captivated as I watch the many butterflies flutter around it and take turns sun bathing on it's leaves on a lovely sunny day.
Not sure what kind of tree it is, but it inspired me to write something.
I think you could call it a poem :)

Doing The Butterfly Dance.

Have you ever seen butterflies dance?
I don't think they really know what they are doing,
Or whose turn it is to go where.
They just glide and float,
Where ever they care.
Graceful and carefree,
It must be so freeing to be,
A part of a butterfly dance.

It seems to be,
Centered around a special tree.
Lots of butterflies take turns,
Or sometimes on their own.
So spontaneous,
And mesmerizing,
That fantails come to watch.
The thing of beauty
That is the butterfly dance.

By Mumma Dragon     (This nickname I give myself is because of a love of dragons)



No comments:

Post a Comment