Sunday 23 February 2014

That Voice Inside Our Heads.

Monday 24th February 2014

Come on, I know I am not the only one who has one of these.
You know that voice inside your head that rambles on about anything and everything, usually at a hundred miles and hour. But it's ok because the voice inside your head doesn't have to breathe :)

It's especially annoying when you are trying to go to sleep, and all of a sudden that voice inside your head starts rambling on at you. If only I knew where the off button is :)

My daughter is a talker. You know that saying that says that women/ girls have so many words to use in a day, well she is definitely one of those kind of people. Some days when her dad comes home from work, he looks at me, like I haven't spoken to her all day.

Any way I was listening to my daughter chatter enthusiastically on the weekend and had my light bulb moment. Her voice in her head is also the voice that comes out of her mouth. No holds barred!
She will chat about anything and everything. Every thought, feeling, observation, memory you could possibly imagine, and god forbid you interrupt her.

Some days it is so bad, that I have to ask her to stop going on.
I just can't think, as my own thoughts (the ones inside my head), don't get a chance to get a word in edge ways. 

Now my memory is bad on a good day (blame the preggy brain that stole it and never returned it), but when I have a little person who follows me around, with that internal monologue set free into the outside world, I am lucky if I remember to brush my teeth in the morning, amongst other things.

I know this is all cute, and I am sure if my mum were in my house right now, she would just smile at the karma of it all. But it still doesn't make if fun, and by the time bedtime comes along, I look forward to the peacefulness of night time. When the voice in my head gets a chance to natter to me and I actually get to hear it.

But then when it is time for me to sleep, my internal monologue won't shut up!
I don't know which situation is worse.

But then again, as crazy as my lovely little girl is with her endless natter.
I would rather have it around than not, just maybe if it came with volume control it would help :)



No comments:

Post a Comment