Monday 10 February 2014

First Day Of Musical Theatre Class

Tuesday 11th February 2014



Miss Personality had been looking forward to this day since we first signed her up for it. We had enrolled her into Musical Theatre classes. She had never done this kind of thing before but we thought the combination of singing, dancing and acting would be right up her alley.

As soon as she got up, she was all go with how she was going to wear her hair, wanting to wear her uniform as soon as she got dressed, even though class didn't start till 3.30pm. I just went with it, she was happy.

But then the more she talked I sensed this build up of feelings, that were coming out as frustration, argumentative and just on the brink of an emotional explosion at every conversation we had.  I knew this wasn't about me, and for once I wasn't behaving in the same way back to her. Which is what I would usually do. But today I was practicing more calm than usual. Every time she started yelling and accusing me of something or just being a little rude, I ended up sending her to her room. She would go to her room, yelling I don't understand and then ranting and raving to herself loudly in her room.
I know when she is like this there is no reasoning with her, but I can't tolerate the way she is talking to me, so it is best to just send her to her room till she calms down.

Any way after the 3rd moment of being sent to her room. She calmed down and said to me, that she thought I just didn't want to her to go to her Musical Theatre lesson and that was why I was sending her to her room.
I gave her a hug and said I was getting the feeling she was feeling a lot of things right now that they were wanting to burst out of her body. I said I didn't like the way she was talking to me because it wasn't kind and that is why I sent her to her room. That I look forward to her being able to go to her class. We talked for a little while longer, and then the rest of the day went great. No emotional outbursts of any kind, just calmness, which was great.



At 3.30pm I didn't have to tell her twice that it was time to go. She grabbed her shoes, and got herself a bottle of water and we were off. She was a little unsure of what was about to happen and kept asking me lots of questions. I said I didn't know as I had never been before, and that I was sure it would all get explained to her when we got there. We went inside the building and there were a couple of other girls waiting for class to start. I started talking to a mum and Miss Personality went off with the two girls. I watched for a little while to see what it was all about. First they introduced themselves to everyone as they were given a sticker with their name on it. Then they played a game that taught them what stage right, stage left, stage up, stage down. Then I got given the all clear to leave :)
When I came back the class were being taught dance moves and the lyrics to a song off Bugsy Malone movie. If you haven't seen it you should. It is a great movie for adults and kids. 

Seeing the look for pure happiness on Miss Personality's face was great. She is now counting down the days till next class.

If anyone is interested this is the website to book the class:
http://www.theperformance.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment